Friday 22 October 2010

Second Chance

'THE WONDER OF IT ALL' From Here There and Everywhere


Sometimes we see through the eyes of a child,
The wonder of it all,
While past memories call,
My father stands so tall,
I was once a child but I was born wild.


Take a second look and see the world’s lies,
The pity of it all,
While future dreams call,
My father still stands tall,
I was once a child and he hears my cries.


Give a second look of the world around,
The ignorance of it all,
While present demands call,
My father will stand tall,
I was once a child that stood her ground.


Throw a second glance; like a lance,
The shame of it all,
While our children call,
My father always stands tall,
His gift to every child was a chance.


Catch a second chance and know,
The wonder of it all,
While many echoes may call,
The father must stand tall,
So the child may grow.

No comments: