Tuesday 19 October 2010

To touch a star

I saw love today, given freely, with a look that I captured with a camera focussed on a dog that I have frequently seen accompanying his owner through the longest hours of the day. These hours surround dawn and dusk.

'I TOUCH A STAR THAT SHINES' From Here There and Everywhere


LIKE A Dog


I will walk beside you with love,
I will walk in your footsteps with pride,
I will walk ahead and clear any danger
That might take me from your side.


I cannot read your writing,
I cannot understand your way,
I cannot speak your words,
I only know; here I shall stay.


With you I always feel safe,
With you I walk o’er the earth,
With you I touch a star that shines,
In my eye for everything it is worth.

3 comments:

Andy said...

From my own experiance of owning two Golden Retrievers I know what unconditional love they give you.Both boys are sadly no longer with us but I am sure they are dispensing ther love in doggy paradise

Helen said...

Very good! Dogs really do love their owners.

Connie said...

That poem is exceptional. It portrays a dogs feelings for hiscompanion perfectly.
This dog looks like a Rottweiler that got to keep his tail in tact.
Kudos to you and your excellence once again!!