Wednesday 3 March 2010

I stand at the door, and knock.

'Where Sky and Earth Touch' From Visual Counterpoint


If you know you stand where the sky touches the earth,
Then you see the stars beneath your feet,
If you know you grow with every passing day,
Then you see the roots beneath your feet,
I know I shall die on a cold dark night,
So I see the black hole beneath my feet.

I stand alone where the sky touches the earth,
I grow wearier with every passing day,
I shall welcome death on a cold dark night,
And the black hole as home for my feet.


If I knew where to stand so the sky touched me,
Then I would see the stars beneath my feet,
If I knew how to grow with every passing day,
Then I would see the roots beneath my feet,
I only know I am dying on a cold dark night,
And there is nothing beneath my feet.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I am not going to tell you that was lovely-you know that already!