Sunday 8 August 2010

On the Edge

'ON THE EDGE' From Visual Counterpoint


Where is the one I counted first as a child?
Before playing enumerable scales that followed,
I failed but that’s my personal crime,
Education every chance creates,
On the edge of knowledge wisdom awaits.

Where is the one I first knew as an unborn?
Positive and negative fought for a life,
Zero could never be moved by time,
I was born on the edge of a very dark hole,
The negative holds chance as the dices’ role.

Where is the one I found as a child?
It was so easy to find and easier to lose,
Clinging to memory; echoing through time,
I live on the edge of a very dark hole,
The positive holds hope as the dices roll.

Where is the one I counted first and lost?
Retreating from my ignorance and fear,
That spoke in words no lover should hear,
I live on the edge of a very dark hole,
Where is the one whose heart I stole?

No comments: