Wednesday 19 November 2008

Hot Beverages ~ Soup Glorious Soup!

This is my entry for the photograph of a Hot Beverage this week on
Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot.


Less like a drink and more like a meal,
Hot pot soup my taste buds will steal,
Made in minutes to savour in sips,
Take care! It will burn impatient lips,
Made at home, the ingredients known,
At Flubber Buster the recipe’s shown,
Where Deb and I are trying our best,
And follow a slimmer life style quest.
I couldn’t leave out the garlic bread,
So swapped some spinach for parsley instead,
Now no one will ever be able to tell,
What I’ve eaten by the powerful smell,
My breath won’t betray my secret friend,
That fights cold and ‘flu and helps to send,
Unwanted infections right round the bend,
But words reveal all when your ears you lend.

5 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Liz :)

What a great entry for the Monday Photo Shoot! :) Mmmm soup, my favorite thing on a cool November day. Well done!

Always, Carly

Bookncoffee said...

ohhhh I love the aquarium clock. Nice little poem.
Take care
Sonya

Jan AKA Wammy said...

That looks absoutly delicious. The poem is so clever! Wish we all had the recipe...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Soup! Perfect on a cold day! :)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Ooh, looks great! Especially the parsley!