Wednesday 26 November 2008

A Promise Kept


This is a vegetarian's entry for Happy Turkey Day. If you want to join in the fun you have until Sunday 1st December 9pm Eastern Time (whenever that is!)



The focus of camera and human eye,
Captured a moment of time in flight,
It holds a promise of eastern delight,
And I heard music on a desert’s sigh.
I look beyond the drifting sand dune,
I seek what’s omitted from the scene,
Listen to echoes of what has been,
And touch the magic in a full moon.

Like Scheherazade I narrate a tale,
To keep childlike wonder in my mind,
The next question is all there is to find,
All I know weighs nought on the cosmic scale,
The stars seem nearer in the desert air,
I reach up to the river in the sky,
Dip my fingers in the light passing by,
And I touch the graceful gown they wear.

Ships of the desert sail an arid sea,
Wind drives waves of sand in slow motion,
Time mixes an unpalatable potion,
Yet it’s simple grandeur overwhelms me,
Like a nomad wandering through thought,
I seek the oasis of an idea,
Created by reflection that’s clear,
And touch a moment in time it caught.

4 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Liz

Wonderful photo, and as always, wonderful poem to accompany it! Thanks for playing!

-Carly

Far Side of Fifty said...

turkish Delight, is it a coffee or a special treat? At any rate it is a very interesting photograph! :)

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Good one!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

You've made turkish delight mysterious and evocative. But watch out for Queen Jadis!