Monday 15 December 2008

Limiting Storm Damage



Follow link to join in and view other entries.


'S' is for Storm damage

The storm raged through the long winter night,
And a sleeping giant was lost in the fight
Between the wind that howled as if in pain,
And the relentless pounding of driving rain.
The moon silently veiled her face,
And starlight seemed to fade without trace,
Closed to the heavens the earth below writhed,
Death stalked the land; an innocent was scythed.

The sun rises and the dawn is unlocked,
Safe passage along the pathway is blocked,
I must discover another route home,
Around the debris I ceaselessly roam,
Like a gypsy I move in music and song,
Where my heart leads I will now belong,
You are welcome to sing with me,
And picture the places that I shall see.

Through the days and nights that will follow,
I shall live each one for tomorrow,
Moments in time will safely hold my mind,
As around an idea thoughts weave and wind,
The storm has passed and the queen of the night
Returns to rule with her gentle light,
The silence that darkness now softly brings,
Gives my faith and hope love’s strong wings.

5 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Awesome picture dear friend. Your words added to the image in a mystical fight that danced among my heart and mind. Thank you! (Hugs)Indigo

Martha said...

Great photo for the challenge and beautiful entry!

Julie said...

Great shot and the poem was lovely.

Linda :) said...

Great choice and the poem was wonderful!!! :)

Tami Weingartner said...

When I was younger I used to love to ride out after a storm and see if any trees had fallen over out trails so that we could jump them. This one would have been a bit to high I think.