Monday 15 December 2008

Winter claims his Water Bride


This is my entry for this week's challenge Autumn meets Winter.
Please follow the link to join in (closure is 18th December) or view the other entries.

Winter marches across the water,
Gathering the fallen leaves in an icy grip,
That waves with the laughter of a new bride,
And holds memories of autumnal glory inside,
Trees are mirrored dipping fingers as if to sip,
Flowing champagne at the wedding of a daughter.


Soon lights will dance on a polished floor,
Sun and moon will show all their worth,
Stars will shine brighter than before,
Who could ever wish for more?
But as a veil falls on the sleeping earth,
She dreams of what spring has in store.







7 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Liz :)

WOW! Sigh! Oh how I wish I had the talent for poetry as you do! This one, coupled with your beautiful photos, just stunned me. :) So, so very lovely. Thank you for doing the assignment this week, and the smile it gave me. :)

Always, Carly

Suzanne R said...

The poetry coupled with the pictures surely left me with a deeply-enchanted feeling! Also, a little bit cold, seeing the ice on the water.

Terri said...

Wonderful photos - I love seeing ice on moving water and you certainly captured the theme.

Tammy Brierly said...

Your poetry is beauutiful and when you add your pictures, I'm in heaven. Excellent!

Jama said...

Not only the picture's beautiful, so is the poetry. I wish I have your talent.

Mike said...

Nice poem and pictures! I like the fact the the water is not completely frozen and has patches of ice drifting along.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very nicely done, you are so talented! :)