Wednesday 10 December 2008

One Star




Hometown Holiday Decorations is the challenge set.

I substituted a trip into town which would have stimulated my chronic migraine for a visit to Delamere Forest, Cheshire, England.
Here are the decorations I found there.
I have put the photos into four slide shows with accompanying verses.




Deep in the forest the echoes are strong,
Time rings with laughter around tall trees,
Here a child makes a wish on a star,
Here you realise the child you are,
This song’s echo my mind will freeze,
And the music will remind me where I belong.






I take the reindeer trail like a child,
Eager to play the game again,
Nature displays her festive signs,
And dresses in many model designs,
Fingers dance in light where frost is lain,
A stinging leaf becomes meek and mild.





Christmas celebrations are all around,
No bauble shines so bright and clear,
No tree is lit like one of these,
This moment in time memories seize,
Simple beauty brings the heavens near,
To gold, silver and bronze winning ground.




I heard the echo of a brilliant star,
A child with wisdom far beyond her years,
Made a wish of pure innocent love,
Surely it belongs in heaven above,
Where waiting angels wipe away any fears,
This simple supplication no one shall mar.

This music deafened me with a silent song,
That echoed around the Wishing Tree,
I choose this decoration to give a light,
To shine through every Christmas night,
Set all unselfish wishes free,
And speed them to where they belong.

2 comments:

Suzanne R said...

Lovely slideshows and verse! You did a very nice job.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

You have a bunch of really outstanding photos here, especially the first deep woods one.I clicked through to the Picasa albums to really see them properly. Very nice indeed!